THIRD EDITION OF THE COMPETITION (2015)
The Third edition of the Competition was held in 2015 and is included in the framework of the International Scientific-practical forum “Protected Karst Territories – Education and Training'2015”. The Competition was held under the auspices of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and UNESCO (through an approved project under the Participation Program 2014-2015).
In the resolution of the scientific conference, which finalized the forum, the competition and its results were evaluated very high and supported the Bulgarian initiative to announce an INTERNATIONAL YEAR of KARST. More widespread promotion of the contest and its mission was recommended.
TRAVELING SUMMER SCHOOL OF KARST
(Nr. 7290115062 BUL)
1. For pupils: 1.1. Up to 12 years old: — Drawing or Work with natural materials 1.2. Over 12 years old: — Drawing / Work with natural materials — Poster / Card — Essay — Multimedia presentation / Video 2. For teachers: — My unusual lesson — Our students’ project 3. For University students: — Scientific essay / Multimedia presentation — Picture / Painting — Cartoon (Caricature) — Art Installation 4. For nature lovers, photographers (no age limit): — Photo Composition (3 to 5 photos) — Movie — Picture / Painting — Cartoon (Caricature)
The third edition of the competition in 2015 already had 161 participants from 7 countries: Bulgaria, Germany, Latvia, Russian Federation (including Bashkortostan, Russia, Tatarstan, Yakutia/Saha), Montenegro, Czech Republic and Japan.Received competitive works: 142
Distribution by competition categories:
- Drawings - 64
- Works with natural materials - 12
- Poster - 1
- Brochures and cards - 7
- Essays - 7
- Multimedia presentations - 15
- Video clips - 2
- Photo Composition - 24
- Lessons ("My unusual lesson") and Projects - 5
- Special cases (a project that combines several competition categories) - 5
EVALUATING OF COMPETITIVE WORKSInternational Jury (2015)
- Professor Yoshihisa NAKANO, PhD – Chairman (Artist, Yamaguchi University, Japan)
- RNDr. Petr ZAJICHEK (Geologist, Speleologist and Photographer, Cave Administration of the Czech Republic)
- RNDr. Hynek SKOŘEPA (Geographer, Teacher, Ústí nad Orlicí, Czech Republic)
- Barbara MASTAJ (Zespół Parków Krajobrazowych Województwa Śląskiego, Poland)
- Anna GAŁUSZKA (Zespół Parków Krajobrazowych Województwa Śląskiego, Poland)
- Associate professor Dilyana STEFANOVA, PhD (Geographer, NIGGG-BAS, Bulgaria)
- Associate professor Todorka KRUSSTEVA, PhD (Geographer, University of Shumen, Bulgaria)
- Krussto TERZIEV (Artist, Sofia, Bulg?ria),
- Khristo KICHIKOV (Geographer, Teacher, Gabrovo, Bulgaria)
CRITERIA FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF THE COMPETITIVE WORKS
1. Originality of the idea realized in the respective entry 2. Knowledge about karst 3. Artistic values 4. Emotional suggestions 5. Technical skills 6. Creative autonomy
In the Third edition of the Competition, 43 prizes were awarded: 1 Grand prize (for original creative achievement), 9 First prizes (in 6 categories), 16 Second prizes (in 10 categories) and 17 Thirds prizes (in 9 categories). Other 24 participants received incentive awards (in 11 categories).
|Country||Grand prize||First prize||Second prize||Thirds prize||Encouragement||Total|
|Yakutia / Saha||5||1||5||13|
For Grand prize for creative achievement the International Jury nominated six competition works by 3 different categories (with authors from Montenegro, Tatarstan - Russian Federation, Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Latvia). After processing the results, convincingly headed out the mural Embossed pattern “Karst of Durmitor” (Category “Work with natural materials”) developed by Dajana Motika-Raonić (17 Age) è Anja Pješivac (17 Age) from SMŠ ,,17. September’’ (Žabljak, Montenegro).
First prizes were given to:
- Kristiāna Zvirbule (12 years old) by Jaunsilavas pamatskola, Turku pagasts - Līvānu Novads, (Latvia) – for drawing "The Soul of the Earth”
- Klára Kellerová (12 years old) and Anežka Türková (12 years old) by Gymnázium Nad Štolou, Praha (Czech Republic) – for drawing „Jeskyně s vodopádem” („Cave with waterfall”)
- Anđela Stešević (17 years old) by SMŠ ,,17. September’’, Žabljak (Montenegro) – for drawing "Karst”
- Ñèìîíà Õîêèíîâà, Íèêîë Ïàâëîâà, Ìàíîë Ïåòêîâ and Êðèñòèÿí Ìóòëÿøêè (16 years old) by 137 Secondary School "Àíãåë Êúí÷åâ", Sofia, Bulgaria - for drawing „The magic of the water”
- Àëèÿ Íàèëåâíà Àïàíàåâà (15 years old) by High School 19, Kazan, Tatarstan (Russian Federation) - for drawing "Underwater karst": Blue Lake, Abkhazia
- Êðèñòèíà Äìèòðèåâíà Ñàçîíîâà (15 years old) by High School 19, Kazan, Tatarstan (Russian Federation) - for work with natural materials " The Reed Flute cave"
- Åâãåíèÿ Êóëü÷èöêàÿ (14 years old) by ÃÁÎÓ ÑÎØ ¹ 1148, Moscow (Russia) - for Individual pupil project “Caves of Abkhazia”
- Òàòüÿíà Âëàäèìèðîâíà Ãîëóá, Teacher at Experimental boarding school "Arctic", Neryungri (Yakutia / Sakha - «Ýêñïåðèìåíòàëüíàÿ øêîëà-èíòåðíàò «Àðêòèêà», Íåðþíãðè (ßêóòèÿ/Ñàõà - Russian Federation) – about the integrated lesson in mathematics and geography “Lesson-journey through the Republic of Saha (Yakutia)”
- Christina Prenzel, Bärbel Brandt, Michael Rühling, Simona Hunger and Dr. Sigrid Vogel, teacher team from Staatliche Regelschule Gotthold Ephraim Lessing and Förderverein Dt. Gipsmuseum und Karstwanderweg.e., Nordhausen–Göttingen (Germany) – for the "Stein-Reiche" project ("The Kingdom of the Stone")
All winners of the Third edition of the Competition were invited to participate in a Traveling summer school of karst in Bulgaria (22-31 July 2015) (photos)
The Organizers of the Competition honored with the special Honorary diploma the youngest participants - the children from the Pre-school organization "Our joy" in Herceg-Novi (Montenegro).
The official announcement of the results from the Third edition of the competition and the award of the laureates took place at the Ceremonial Session of the International Scientific and Practical Conference "Protected Karst Areas - Training and Education". It took place on 23.09.2015 in the Grand Hall of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences in Sofia. It was followed by the opening of an exhibition of awarded works from the competition, hosted in the halls of the National Museum of Natural History - Sofia. The exhibition was also attended by students of Prof. Yoshida Nakano from the University of Yamaguchi (Japan) with their original art installation "Phantom in karst III".
The prizes for the Third edition of the competition were provided by UNESCO (Participation in the Summer School of Karst in Bulgaria, 22-31 July 2015) and Titan Zlatna Panega Cement JSC. The awards were unique statuettes of metal and rock fragments (fossils and mineral formations from "Zlatna Panega"), wrought by the famous sculptor Petko Arnaudov and the young artist Yoto Dikov from the village of Zlatna Panega.
Sponsors in prize money in 2015: